Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The latest

A very original title for this blog entry I know. My mind is a little jelly like. I've just woken from napping along with Abbey in the heat of the day. It has done me a world of good the days I've made myself do it. Not to mention the relief my body sighs when I go and hibernate in the air con environment for a couple of hours. I must try and continue to do so when number two arrives (which is hopefully very soon).



Speaking of number two... I've been contemplating for some time how to address the transportation issue. As in: will we need to trade in the mountain buggy for something double friendly or somehow can we make it work with one in the sling and Abbey in the pram. Well the heat here has convinced me that the less time there's a babe up against my body the better for us both. So I've been on the look out for a toddler seat compatible with the MB. I wasn't having much luck and then my sister saw this Steelcraft one at a Salvation Army Family Store. So I went and checked it out and low and behold with a slight adjustment to the MB it fits and it fits safe and securely!! And guess how much it cost... $10!!! BARGAIN!! And better still Abbey loves it! We'll need to buy a little parasol umbrella so that she can get some shade rising high like that but the babe will still be nice and shaded with plenty of airflow.





Abbey is absolutely loving swimming. Now with her floatie vest on she's able to 'swim' around the pool on her own. With me there of course Despite it being stinking hot here in Cairns and being pregnant on top of that we've still managed to get out a little. definitely the exploring has not been as frequent but recently when away for a Christmas doo weekend we got to go for a couple of walks. The day we drove up to Youngabarra we had a lovely lunch at Lake Barrine a fabulous spot.Abbey particularly enjoyed Ryan's milkshake!

We went for a very short walk while there to see two large Kauri trees. Look at that pregnant belly! There was no info about how old they were but no doubt centuries.
On one of the walks we did Abbey seemed determined to walk by herself, despite not having shoes and the ground being rocky and rooty. She must be tougher than us because she coped just fine. Here's a few shots from a walk we did to a crater and a couple of small waterfalls just out of Atherton.

Perhaps our last family self portrait before number two arrives!

Walking with dad.I can do it on my own though!

The joy of living in a tropical climate is although it is very hot there's still the ability to get out and be sheltered beneath the rain forest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home